Sunday, January 4, 2015


i've been sketching. a lot. i feel it loosens me up, let's me practice. i like it. i love my simple mechanical pencil with it's forgiving tiny eraser.
i continue to draw faces trying to reach the 100 mark as challenged on Instagram. according to my calculations which I lost track of for a while, i am up to 90 or so. i had hoped to mount them on a board as a group, but many were gifted over the holidays as i painted them on wooden tags. 
here are some of my favorites



it surprises me how they all come out looking so distinct and different. some are Watercolor, most are acrylic paints.
my greatest discovery has been the water soluble stabilo pencil which comes in several colors. i use black the most but also enjoy the red and blue.
this was done in chalk pencils
abd this with just water soluble watercolor pencils and gesso 
as was this one. i have to say, i am really liking this simple monochromatic palette and i feel it represents me. 
the focus is still on faces at the moment but really really want to start a series on vessels (cups, jugs, pitchers, vases, pots). 
i have also been trying to frame and display some of my favorites rather than having them in the manila portfolio. once in a while i throw away a few too which makes my daughter very angry. 
there are little ones and big ones,
and an occasional crazy one


 mostly tiny ones so one of my resolutions this year is to begin painting larger. 
tell a story
expand
let my subconscious emerge
in the meantime, an urge to purge and clean house has set in and i have been sorting and discarding, keeping only that which speaks to me. i have also begun printing a lot of photographs in black and white and framing. it's all part of starting fresh.

4 comments:

lynne h said...

oh constanza... there are no words for how much i love your faces... so, soooo wonderful. so expressive, so beautiful...

i wish you a happy and creative 2015, my friend...

xoxo

Sherri B. said...

The way your creativity flows out of you so freely is very inspiring to me...it's my goal once we're moved to Florida to be much more creative in 2015, especially with drawing. Happy New Year to you. :)

Unknown said...

Dear Constanza, I follow on IG and I am just amazed at your beautiful ladies. They have such exquisite faces. Sometimes they are sad ones, but most often they are just reflective, which I love the most. Wishing you a beautiful 2015. Sharon x

audrey said...

Hi Constanza. 2014 was problematic and filled with ill health. I am happy to be in this New Year of 2015 and I have vowed to be calm and focus on my art.
I think it is wonderful that you stuck with the 100 faces challenge. This post has some of my favorite faces. You draw such expressive faces. They all have a story to tell.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dear little dog, Tigo. SO sweet. I would love for Tigo and Jake to meet and frolic in the grass while we drink tea together.
I wish you a beautiful New Year filled with many blessings, my friend.
xo