Monday, March 9, 2009


i never thought i could but i did. i guess "YES I CAN" is really sinking in. and it really has my creative juices going. brought out the paints and pastels i dread so much and just gave it my all with my version of a modigliani. funny thing is i had just seen the film about a week ago with Andy Garcia. i thought it pretty good. one particular scene was excellent... when all the painters from that era are in their studios creating their masterpieces for a competition. the takes on each artist as the music plays is fantastic. i hope it is liked in the challenge. i have a feeling i will be painting a few more since there are too many artists to chose from.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I had exactly the same response as you Connie - I dont think I can do this! Your Modigliani is just fantastic and I think you are right, once you get going with the pastels and/or paints, then the creative juices start to flow. Modigliani is on of my favourite artists too.

Flippinpest said...

This was a great challenge and your work is fantastic

oldflowers4me said...

keep painting my sweet friend.

sweetly lovely afternoon said...

bravo, Constanza! you did an amazing job! i truly admire modigliani. i have a book of his work in my collection and it is one of my favorites. yes you can and yes you did.:)

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie...You did good!!! Hope you are having a great weekend dear...I haven't really worked with pastels, but have them and should try!!
xx
Bevie

chad-roscoe said...

I love Modigliani and I think this is wonderful C!
xx~
Di