Tuesday, January 20, 2009


"Look to This Day"
For yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness - and every tomorrow a vision of hope - - Look well, therefore, to this day -
Such is the Salutation of the Dawn"
i have been trying to take things a little slower lately, stressing less, therefore my not having written in over a week. i am trying to slow down and enjoy my home more, read more, watch more movies and documentaries and answer all my emails accordingly. not in vain as i growing older. i will be 53 years old tomorrow and my bones are beginning to feel the need to shift direction; a few more walks, less pushing myself in all directions and spending more qaulity time with my family and friends be it in person or in writing.
yesterday we visited the Los Angeles Art Show at the Convention Center. i have rarely been to a more thrilling art exhibit and walked away with tons of ideas and came home invigorated by the newness in most of the artwork we saw.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Firstly - a very happy birthday for tomorrow Connie. I hope it is a beautiful days for you.
Secondly, I can relate to pushing oneself in all directions. I shall be 70 this year and am continually stressing myself trying to reach new heights and pushing myself to new projects and to do better. Why? I dont know. Sometimes I have to step back for a while just to enable my body find a calm plateau but then I am frustrated because I constantly have new ideas running through my head. I dont know the answer!
Happy Birthday my friend xx

Susan Tuttle said...

Dear, sweet Constanza,
Your kind message warmed my heart and brought me comfort. Thank you for thinking of us.

Kisses to you.

Susan

Unknown said...

Hello my dear friend!! I am so sorry I missed your Birthday..hope it was well spent!
I agree with you about the slowing down and spending more time with those we love...taking time to read and relax. I'll be 66 Feb th!! So that pull is strong in me too.
Blessings dear!!!
Bevie